Image Map

Monday, November 11, 2013

Chicken Stuffed Broccoli & Swiss Cheese

I love stuffing chicken with yummy ingredients!!


I have bought those chicken stuffed with broccoli and cheese in the freezer isle. They can be pretty expensive. So I decided to just make them myself. When things are homemade they always taste better and you can make the recipe the way you would want to eat it!


I like mine with Swiss cheese and broccoli. They could always be made ham, asparagus, stuffing or Swiss chard! Any one of those ingredients with cheese would make a great dinner. 


Another awesome thing about making these at home is that they don't take too much time. The prep time took me about 30 mins! That means a yummy dinner in under an hour! 


I made these while on vacation at my Mom's. Everyone really loved them. The melted Swiss cheese worked very well with the broccoli and the chicken was juicy. My family is very picky eaters and if this can satisfied them, then it can satisfied anyone.


The next time I make these I will try to use chicken cutlets, instead of chicken breast. That will cut my prep time in half. My husband loves asparagus. An asparagus and Gruyere cheese combination will be on our dinner table in the near future. I did make one mistake when making these though. I didn't cut my broccoli up enough. If my broccoli was smaller I could of stuffed the chicken a little easier and added more cheese. There can always be more cheese!! I can't wait to see where this recipe takes me!! The combinations are endless!

What creative chicken stuffed combination is your favorite?
Ingredients
3 large Chicken breast
1 large Egg
1 cup Breadcrumbs
6 slices of Swiss Cheese
2 cups Broccoli
1 tblsp room temp Butter
Salt & Pepper
Toothpicks
Directions
  1. Pre- heat oven to 350*. Thinly slice chicken breast and chop the broccoli in to small bits.
  2. Set up an assembly line starting with the chicken breast. Brush each piece of chicken with butter. Lay a piece of cheese and broccoli bits onto one piece of the butter chicken. Roll the chicken and secure it with a toothpick. Dip the chicken into the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Shake off any extra breadcrumbs and place on a lined baking sheet. Continue until all the chicken is stuffed. Cook for 25 mins. Let stand for 5 mins and serve.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome ! I love broccoli and your recipe looks delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken and broccoli were made for each other. This looks amazing! Thank for sharing your recipe at Fluster's Creative Muster. Now that you found our party I hope that you'll continue to join us every Tuesday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so incredible! I'm always so amazed by your talent. Pinned and tweeted. Please join us on Monday at 7 pm and party with us! It is so super fun to see what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis