Image Map

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Spur-Of-The-Moment Dinner


Every time I think of turkey, I think thanksgiving dinner. There are not too many more times during the year that I roast a big turkey.

Thanksgiving turkey is so delicious, but I don't always want that hearty of a meal. So when trying to create a turkey dish I wanted to do something that was not as heavy and didn't give you that over-stuffed feeling. I wanted the cutlets to be juicy and full of flavor. And they were!

For me the best part about making this dish was that it was a spur-of-the-
moment dinner idea. I knew that I wanted to cook up the turkey cutlets, but how? With what? I love standing at my fridge thinking about what I can create. Soy and teriyaki is always a good combination. Once I had my two sauces the rest just came together! 

Some might think that it's kinda scary standing at their fridge and just putting something together. Me, I like the chance to be creative. So what if it doesn't turn out to be the best thing you've ever cooked!? At least you tried and learned something new. 


Before you go and make these savory marinated turkey cutlets, tell me....
What is your favorite spur-of-the-moment dinner dish?

Ingredients
4 Turkey Cutlets
1/3 cup Low-Soduim Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce 
1 teaspoon Honey
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
Few dashes of Sriracha (optional)
1/2 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tbs Flour
S&P
Directions

  1. Season the turkey cutlets with S&P.
  2. In a bowl, combine the soy, teriyaki, honey, garlic and Sriracha. Whisk until you don't feel the honey sticking to the bottom of the bowl.
  3. Place seasoned cutlets into the bowl and refrigerate for 30 mins.
  4. In a saute pan, add the olive oil, and heat for one minute. Add the turkey and the marinade to saute pan. Saute the cutlets in the marinade until done. Once finished place cutlets on plate.
  5. Whisk flour into marinade. Allow to simmer and thicken for about 3 mins. Serve as a sauce.

PS: Please don't forget to Like Always Savory on Facebook and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis