Image Map

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fun Food Facts A-Z | B is for...Broccoli

 I love to learn! I especially love learning about food. Last week I was exploring around the internet and learned some pretty cool things about artichokes and decided to share in a blog post. (Missed that post don't worry just click here!) Since I love learning and blogging I am going to combine the two each week. Fun Food Facts A-Z will highlight a fruit or vegetable each week. You will learn new fun facts and maybe even a recipe. 
Welcome to Fun Food Facts A-Z!
This week's letter: B..... is for Broccoli


Fun Facts:

  • Broccoli as been eaten since the 6th century.
  • The average American eats 4 lbs of Broccoli a year.
  • Broccoli means "branch" or "arm".
  • California produces 90% of the US Broccoli.
  • Thomas Jefferson loved Broccoli! He used seeds from Italy to plant in Monticello. 
  • Broccoli is high in vitamin A and Fiber.
  • Fresh Broccoli will have dark green heads. 
  • Try to stay away from stalks that bend or feel rubbery.

My family and I eat broccoli all the time! I always have it in my crisper or on my grocery list. Here is a quick and easy recipe that everyone will love.

Ingredients:
3 medium size Broccoli heads
1 tbsp of chopped Garlic
1 teaspoon of Lemon Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Dash of Salt
Direction:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Rinse the broccoli and cut into florets.
  3. Add your broccoli and all the ingredients to a plastic bag and give it a few good shakes.
  4. On a lined baking pan spread out the broccoli and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the broccoli is crisp.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis