So everyone seems to be really excited for spring. I' am too, but I'am more excited for the SUMMER! I'd be happy if we skipped spring all together! There are so many great things about summer; warm weather, the beach, flip flops and strawberries! Mmmm! Strawberry season is a big deal where I live. We have the Pungo Strawberry festival and during the season you can go to any farm and pick them fresh yourself. Strawberry pick'in is one of my favorite things to do in the summer!
Did you see my behind the scene photo shoot? These pics are from that shoot!
I've been craving summer and summer foods. I was in the kitchen last weekend trying to figure out what I could make that would help curve my summer craving. Luckily I had frozen strawberries that I picked from the summer before! The first thing that came to my mind was Strawberry Shortcake.
I have my grandmother's recipe for Strawberry Shortcake and I thought I was going to do that at first, but then I remember this recipe that I had clipped from Epicurious. I love the classic cake, but these cookies seemed so much quicker to make! Baking is not my skill in the kitchen. I am always trying to improve. I can honestly say this is the first time I have even baked cookies and they all came out perfect and golden! I am so proud of myself. I just wish I knew what I did differently. These cookies not only came out looking delicious they are delicious! They only keep for a day or two, but they are so good with tea in the morning! And it's OK to eat cookies in the morning as long as they have fruit in them. ( and the kids don't see you..LOL) I can't wait to make these cookies this summer with my fresh picked strawberries!
Summer is coming, are you ready? Whats your favorite thing about summer?
2 cups diced Strawberries
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
6 tbsp unsalted cold Butter
2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take your strawberries and coat them with about 1 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into pieces and with your fingers rub it into the dry mixture until coarse crumbles.
- Now stir in your cream and strawberry mixture.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and drop cookies about 2 in apart. Decorate if desired and bake for 25 mins.
- Allow to cool on rack. Serve right away and store in an air tight container.
This post has been featured on: