Image Map

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas


Enchiladas are one of my favorite foods! When I found this recipe I was super excited to try it. I really enjoy going out to Mexican restaurants, but I love making the food at home more.


What draws me to Mexican food is the layers of flavor. The combination of the green chilies, tomatoes and sour cream gave this dish the right amount coolness and spice. This recipe was straightforward and quick to make.  I served mine with a side of Mexican rice and homemade guacamole.  This recipe will definitely be served again in my home! How about you, what is your favorite Mexican dish to make in your kitchen? 

Ingredients

For the Sauce
3 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Flour
1 3/4 cups Chicken Stock 
1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
1 can Rotel diced Green Chilies & Tomatoes 
Salt & Pepper to taste

For Enchiladas
3-4 Cooked & Shredded Chicken 
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Corn
About 12 tortillas
1 1/2 cups Queso Fresco, Feta or Cheddar for topping.
Directions
  1. Pre-heat over to 400* F. Butter a casserole dish.
  2. In a sauce pan melt butter.  When butter is melted whisk in flour.  Whisk until flour & butter is combine. 3-4 mins.
  3. Whisk in chicken stock & Rotel.  Bring to a simmer.
  4. Remove from heat & stir in sour cream.
  5. In a large bowl mix cooked chicken, corn, cheddar, 1/3 cup of the sauce & S&P to taste.
  6. Add a small layer of sauce to your casserole dish.  Fill your tortillas with 1/4 cup of filling.  Roll and place seam side down in your casserole dish.
  7. Pour some sauce & your cheese of choice over the enchiladas.
  8. Bake for 25 mins.  Let stand and serve hot with guacamole or salsa.

Notes: The recipe calls for 12 tortillas, but I only rolled up enough for one layer in my casserole dish.  You might need to do another layer.  Also I used whole wheat tortillas.  But if you don't want to make 12 tortillas, you could use the left-over filling for Nachos!  The next day for lunch I spread the chicken filling and a bite more cheese over some corn chips.  Bake at 350* until chicken and cheese was hot.  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis