This was a delicious blunder!!
It has been a little rainy and cold here the past few days and that has made me crave some homemade soup. Well soup is not what I got when I made this recipe!
I started out with an Avgolemono Soup recipe, but as I was following the recipe I notice that it was not turning into a soup. So, I thought, lets make a tasty rice and chicken dish. Even though I wanted soup this dish still gave me the comfort food feel that I was looking for. You could always eat this dish as the recipe calls or you could spice it up a bit. Add some veggies or cheese! I sometimes like when a recipe turns into something you didn't know you were making. It gives you a chance to be creative, test your skills, and build your own recipe. I will make this recipe again, but next time I will add some more of my own cleverness! When was a time a recipe didn't work out for you, but in your favor?
3 whole Chicken Breast
2 cups of Rice
3 tbsp Butter
2 Lemons Juiced
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 tbsp Lemon Pepper
1 tbsp Garlic Salt
2 teaspoon Salt
Pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot cover chicken with water & bring to a boil. Boil for 20 mins or until done.
- Let chicken cool & shred.
- To water add rice, butter, & salt. If water level is too low add 1 cup of chicken stock.
- In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy; slowly add lemon juice. Mix about a cup of the rice water in with the eggs. Mix egg mixture and chicken into the rice.
- Add spices, S&P to taste. Let thicken for 10 mins. Serve hot!
Notes: You might not need to use all the chicken stock. You want the consistency to be creamy. So add the stock slowly.