Sundays are made for fun! And what's better than being lazy, eating, and hanging with family and friends. Comfort food is perfect for lazy Sundays and with fall creeping in fast, I wanted to make something that would match the season.
This Sunday chicken is quick, easy and only takes about an hour. You could serve it as a big Sunday dinner or have plenty left over for lunches throughout the week.
What is your favorite Sunday meal to make for your family?
5 lbs whole Chicken
5 tbsp Butter
1 teaspoon Rosemary
1 teaspoon Garlic
1 teaspoon of Red Pepper
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
1 cup White Onions
1/2 cup Carrots
4-5 large Red Potatoes
1 cup Chicken Stock
S&P to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450*
- Rinse and pat dry chicken
- Take room temperature butter and whip it with all the herbs, lemon zest, S&P. Squeeze half a lemon in whip butter mixture.
- Cut your veggies and potatoes and lay them in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Squeeze the other half of lemon on the chicken. Then take whip butter mixture and dress under the skin and on the outside of the chicken. Also scoop some of the butter on top of your veggies and potatoes in the bottom of your roasting pan.
- Pour chicken stock over your veggies and then place chicken on top. Add lemon slices under the wings and cavity of the chicken.
- Place your roasting pan in the oven for 1 1/2 hrs or until internal temperature reads 165*.
- When chicken is roasted place in a foil tent and let rest for 10 mins. Serve warm.