Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steaks w/ Homemade cheese Fries

Have you ever been to Philadelphia and tried one of their famous Philly Cheese Steaks?


Well I have and I was fortunate enough to have lived there!  One of the things that I love about The City of Brotherly Love is the food.  Philly is famous for cheese steaks, pretzels, and rowdy Eagles fans!! It is hard to get a good cheese steak any where else and I have been missing the city and craving some of their famous eats! I always use to order a buffalo chicken cheese steak from my favorite deli, Campo's on Market street.  So since I live too far away to order one, I thought I'd try my hand at making my own cheese steak!  


I love the way they turned out!  Not just like a Philly cheese steak but good enough to satisfy my craving.  I paired my cheese steak with these homemade cheese fries.  What city do you love and what is your favorite food from there?

Ingredients
For Chicken Cheese Steaks
3 large Chicken Breast
1 cup Franks Red Hot or Texas Pete
1/2 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
1 teaspoon of Honey 
1 or 2 dashes of Tobasco
Salt & Pepper
1/2 chopped Onion
4 or 5 slices of Provolone Cheese
6 Hoggie Rolls 

For Homemade Cheese Fries
4-5 Potatoes
1 bottle of Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 cups of Cheddar Cheese
Directions 
For Cheese Steaks
  1. Shred the chicken and season with S&P.
  2. In a medium size bowl combine chicken, all the sauces, & honey. Coat all the chicken.
  3. Saute onions on medium heat. About 1 minute.  Add chicken and sauce.
  4. When chicken is just about done, tear cheese apart and cook until melted.
  5. Serve on your favorite hoggie roll.
For Homemade Cheese Fries
  1. Peel your potatoes and cut them into fries. 
  2. Heat a sauce pan with vegetable oil on med-high heat. 
  3. When oil is hot, fry the potatoes in batches until golden brown.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350*
  5. Place fries on a lined baking sheet. Layer them with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis