Mozzarella sticks are always a crowd-pleaser. These homemade sticks would be great for a party, after school snack, or your Sunday football tailgate.
What I like about these mozzarella sticks is that they are homemade. Everything tastes better when you make it yourself. They are easy to prepare and easy to freeze. I always have some in my freezer, you never know when you are going to need a quick fun snack. So when do you think you will whip up your own homemade mozzarella sticks?
1 pack of Mozzarella String Cheese
1 1/2 cups of Italian Style Bread Crumbs
1 cup of Flour
3 large Eggs
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 bottle Vegetable Oil
Marinara sauce for serving
- Combine salt and four in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another.
- Beat the eggs for an egg wash.
- Run cheese in egg wash and then breadcrumbs. Shake off excess breadcrumbs.
- Cut mozzarella in half and place in fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Heat up a sauce pan of vegetable oil on med-high heat. When oil is hot enough fry cheeses in batches until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.